Sunday, March 30, 2014

Khloe Turns One!


So my daughter turned one this month and I enjoyed every second of planning and prepping for her party. Below are some of the details from her party. I pretty much made everything myself! 




Dessert bags I designed using Avery Labels online software and Avery Sticker labels.  I attached a piece of ribbon to the back of each bag with a small piece of clear tape. That way guest could easily tie it up once they chose their treats.

                           
Here is the cupcake image and brown chevron background I used to create the design of the stickers. I simply filled the designated circle with the chevron background and then added the cupcake on top. Lastly, I added the text "Khole's 1st Birthday".


This is a sign I displayed on the dessert bar table. I used the same design concept from the treat bags. I did however used Microsoft Office to design this. I set the dimensions of a shape to be the same as the actual picture frame. I filled that shape with the chevron background and then I inserted  a rounded rectangle shape on top of the background and set it to have a white fill. This is the shape that I typed my text in. Lastly, I inserted the cupcake clipart in the center above the text.

These are samples of a few of the treats that were on the dessert table. I made these about 2 weeks before the party to figure out how I wanted them to look and to make sure everything went smoothly (of course I made the one for the party the night before the actual party). From left to right: chocolate dipped marshmallow with pearls, chocolate dipped pretzel rod with sprinkles, chocolate dipped oreos with pink pearls, chocolate dipped rice krispy treat with sprinkles. I used pink Wilton chocolate melts as the chocolate and a variety of different sprinkles/pearls as toppings. I also used cake pop sticks for the marshmallows and rice krispy treats.


In this picture you will see that I made menu place cards for each food item, glass containers accented with ribbon to hold the plastic ware, and a banner to decorate the front of the food table.  The banner was created in Microsoft Word using the triangle
shape, chevron background, and a circle shape. Pink ribbon was secured to the back of each triangle using scotch tape. You could also hole punch to holes at the top corners of each triangle and run ribbon through the holes.

This was my first attempt at a dessert bar. I made everything on the table except for the cupcakes (got them from Sam's club), the bubble gum balls, mints, and rock candy. I purchased all the candy from Party city, they have a great selection of candy based on color. I did accent my cupcake stand by hot gluing pink tulle around the base. 2 small pink boxes were also wrapped in wrapping paper to give the rock candy container a little height. The containers holding the bubble gum and mints were decorated with various types of ribbon.


This poster was displayed over the dessert bar. If you are interested in making one check out my blog posted entitled Chalkboard Posters. I purchased a project board, covered it with pink fabric, and adhered the poster using double sided tape. The project board was then attached to the wall behind the dessert bar table using Command strips.


1 comment: