Sunday, March 30, 2014

Menu Board

Make meal planning and grocery shopping a little easier with this simple project.



What you need:

  • Elmer's foam/cork board
  • 3/4 yard of fabric 
  • Ribbon
  • clothespins
  • Small container of some sort
  • Paper
  • Laminator (I got mine for $30 at Walmart)
  • Hot glue gun
  • Command hook or strip
Red Striped Background

  1. I created the days of the week tags, Menu title, Shopping List, and meals tag in Microsoft Office. I Googled "striped background" images, saved the image, and then I use the image to to fill the shape I was using in Microsoft Office. Once the background appeared in the shape I inserted another shape on top and filled it with text (ex. Monday). You really have to play around with this step to get exactly what you are looking for. You can also google different fonts on Pinterest, download them and use them to create your labels. The font I used for my board was called "whatever it takes" and the title of my board (menu) was "return to sender". Lastly, I printed all of the tags and labels onto cardstock and laminated them.
  2. Next I covered the foam/cork board with fabric using a hot glue gun. I also glued on one piece of ribbon vertically about 2-3 inches off the left side of the board. I then glued the days of the week tags onto 7 clothespins and then glued the clothespins onto the yellow ribbon. Make sure to the glue the pins so that the mouth of the pin opens up to the right.
  3. As you can see in the picture about I have my shopping list above the container that holds my menu items. You can take the time to measure where you would like these items to go, but I honestly just eyeballed it. I did the same with the title (Menu).
  4. Lastly, attach your board to a wall or door in your kitchen using a command hook or strip.

Here is my menu for this past week. Gosh I love this thing!!


No comments:

Post a Comment