Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Bow/Headband Holder

So my youngest daughter is 13 months and up until now I've used one of her smaller dresser drawers to store her headbands and bows. As you could imagine it eventually became rather difficult to find which bow/headband I was looking for at 5:45 am as I am trying to get her dressed and out the door. During many of my early morning Pinterest sessions I saw this super cute headband/bow holder and decided I would make one myself. Here is my finished product!


What you will need:

  • Picture frame (I used 8x10)
  • Ribbon of your choice
  • Screw hooks
  • Staple Gun
  • Hot Glue Gun
  • Embellishments of your choice
  • Sharpie

  1. If you chose a unfinished wood frame your first order of business would be to paint it and allow it to dry. I chose to stick with a white frame so that I wouldn't have to paint. I also thought it would make my colors pop a little more.
  2. Next you will need to cut strips of ribbon that are long enough to span from the top of your frame to the bottom. Since I used a 8x10 frame I only had room for 3 strips of ribbon. Of course if you use a bigger frame you will need more strips of ribbon. Once your ribbon strips are cut place them against your frame to ensure they are properly centered, then using a staple gun secure the ribbon strips tightly to the back of the frame. It is important to make sure you get the ribbon stripes as tight as possible so they will not sag once you began adding your bows.
  3. Now that we have a place to hold the bows it's time to make something to hold the headbands. This step requires a little man power, so ladies if I were you I would ask your husband (or a friendly man) to help with this part. Using a sharpie or pencil mark on the bottom of the frame where you would like each screw hook to go. Using a 8x10 frame I only had room for 5 so I aligned the middle one with the middle ribbon and then two on each side of it. Once you have made your makes your can start working them in. Happy screwing!!! lol
  4. Now that the hard work is out of the way you add any establishments. I decided to added two butterflies using hot glue.


So after completing this project I realized that my daughter had more bow/headbands that I thought. I may eventually end up making her a new holder using a 10x14 frame. Other than that I think it turned out cute :)

No comments:

Post a Comment