Sunday, July 13, 2014

A little disappointed at Rite Aid

So  I went into Rite Aid with my purchase mapped out. The goal was to minimize my OOP and maximize the number of UpRewards I would earn. I did get distracted by the fact that Revlon products were 40% off AND I had $8 worth of coupons for them (these items were not a part of my initial plan).  I essentially got the 6 items below for $2.06; however,being the couponing newbie that I am things did NOT go as I originally planned. I will explain below......


Rite Aid

Bought: (2) Revlon Color-burst Lip Glosses @ $4.79 each (40% off)
Used:  (2) $2.00/1 Revlon Lip Product from coupons.com
and (1) $4.00/2 Revlon products (RiteAid adperks coupon)

Bought: (2) Crest 3D White toothpastes @ $3.75 each (sale price)
Used:  (1) $1.50/2 Crest toothpaste coupon P&G 7/6
Earned:  (2) $3.00 UpRewards


Bought: (2) Oral B 3D White toothbrushes @ $3.75 each (sales price)'
Used:   (1) $1.50/2 Oral B 3D White toothbrushes P&G 7/6

*I thought I would earn another (2) $3.00 UpRewards for the toothbrushes based on the Rite Aid weekly aid BUT the at the end of the transaction the cashier explained that the Crest and Oral B were a part of the same offer AND there was a limit of ONE per wellness card. Needless to say I did not earn the (2) $3.00 UpRewards for the toothbrushes :(

Used: $7.00 UpReward (from a purchase last week)
Total OOP: $8.06
UpRewards earned  $6.00

So I essentially got the 6 items for $2.06

Retail Value= $34.54

No comments:

Post a Comment